Knowledgeable North Carolina DUI/DWI Attorneys
Defending Lexington-area clients against criminal prosecution
Throughout North Carolina, law enforcement officials have been expanding efforts to crack down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. With 19 years of experience in handling DUI cases, the Law Office of Jeffrey J. Berg has the knowledge necessary to overcome the evidence against you, and the ability to help you attain the best possible outcome.
Committed to helping clients
We understand that good people can make mistakes. We strive to satisfy our clients’ emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. We are knowledgeable about the complexity North Carolina DUI laws, and analyze every aspect of your case — from the initial traffic stop to breathalyzer tests — to build your defense. We know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and we challenge the evidence against you with the skill we have developed over 19 years in the field. Our DUI attorneys work hard to make sure that you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
What to do if you are stopped
If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself.
1. Remain calm. Police officers can interpret nervousness in your voice as a sign that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Whether you have consumed alcohol or not, remaining calm is a good way to ensure that police officers do not question your sobriety
2. Always have a clean center console or glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be easily misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
3. Do not consent to a search of the car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction, so do not allow the officer to perform a search.
4. Do not take the test. Many DUI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test.
5. Contact a DWI attorney immediately.
Contact Law Office of Jeffrey J. Berg today for a consultation.
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need a qualified defense attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Law Office of Jeffrey J. Berg today at 336-249-3870 or contact us online to set up your free initial consultation.